About the opportunity
You will be responsible for managing the travel requirements of large market industries, presenting travel solutions for local and multinational accounts. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years travel consulting experience along with buckets of ambition and an insatiable appetite for sales and delivery of impeccable service. Additionally, you will:
- Assist in making professional and accurate business travel arrangements for our corporate accounts (desire to learn and reserve car, hotel, and ground transportation via GDS along with air is highly appreciated).
- Follow company procedures, account guidelines and customer service standards in the area of making travel arrangements, ticketing, ticket exchanges/changes, CRS/GDS productivity.
- GDS proficiency – Amadeus and/or Sabre required.
- Availability to work on Emergency Line 7 PM – 8 AM (5-6 times/year)
- Excellent communicator and professionalism
- Work as a team member and assist other agents as needed in completing all functions related to servicing the client.
- Maintain favorable working relationships with accounts and all of their company employees
- Provide solutions to travel related problems clients may have experienced with arrangements
- High attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and professionalism
- Expertise in fares and complex itineraries
We are looking for a colleague with:
- Experience as a Ticketing Agent or Travel Consultant (min 3 years experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education diploma (tourism studies are an advantage).
- Fluent English. Knowing a second foreign language is an advantage.
- To be a ‘people person’ with networking and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- A high level of attention to detail and orientation towards finding solutions
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills